Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 30

We just finished up enjoying menu 30. It was delicious and we all liked it. The 5-Star Grilled Chicken Teriyaki was so good! I used chicken thighs and they were very tender and flavorful. Richard grilled them and they were perfect. I used a homemade teriyaki sauce (1/4 cup each of brown sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice, and soy sauce with 1/2 tsp. Ginger) and marinated the chicken for about 7 hours. The Fresh Vegetables with Vegetable Dill dip was tasty as well. I thought the dill dip was very good and easy to mix up. I let it meld in the fridge for about 7 hours. I served the dip with carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and cucumbers. I added jasmine rice cooked in chicken broth and a fresh fruit salad as sides and my mom contributed a nice zucchini bread loaf. The dessert of Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes was a real treat. I cut the recipe in half and am so glad I did because I would have just eaten the other half! The store I went to didn't have sweetened raspberry lemonade drink or the frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate so I just used the pink lemonade for both and it was fine. The frosting mixed up to a nice consistency and had a good flavor. And, the cupcakes were nice and moist. I would make all of these recipes again!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked really good! Glad that you guys enjoyed the meal. Good idea about cutting the cupcake recipe in half!