Monday, June 22, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 47

We had a great taste testing group a couple of days ago for menu 47. My parents, Richards parents and the two of us enjoyed the meal. I am sad I didn't take a picture of all of us together:(.  First off, the Spinach and Artichoke Sandwich Melts were SO GOOD!  I made the recipe as directed and it made plenty for the 6 of us. I couldn't find jarred grilled artichoke hearts so I just used regular canned artichoke hearts. Everyone liked this recipe and it was fairly easy to make. I liked that it was a "lighter" version.
The Fluffy Raspberry Jell-O Salad was delicious as well. The only thing I changed was I used thawed frozen raspberries instead of fresh and that worked well. The raspberries were softer and the juice added good flavor.. I didn't care for the Hershey's Cream Cheese Brownies too much but I did over cook them and I only had 1 tsp of vanilla and the recipe called for 4 so that probably contributed to it. I cooked them for about 45 minutes and that was probably 5 minutes too long. In addition to cooking them less I would also put them in the fridge for long enough to harden the chocolate on top. These were all fun recipes to try. I served fresh fruit and potato chips as side dishes and also strawberry ice cream with the brownies.  



No comments: