Monday, June 22, 2015

Rutter Kitchen- Menu #52

 
Johnny crushing the graham crackers

 
We finally had a chance to fix the Low-Fat Turkey Bacon Wrap,
Sweet Spaghetti Squash and the S'mores Kiss Cookies.  I cooked the bacon the day before which worked great.  Let me say that these wraps should actually be called Bacon cheese lettuce tomato wraps, as we used regular bacon :)  Most of our group doesn't care for turkey bacon, so why use it.  I prepped the spaghetti squash and cooked it for about an hour.  The hardest part I think to this recipe was cutting the squash in half.  Where are my guys when I need them!  Between Dana, Johnny and me we made the cookies.  Dana finished them up and they looked so good.  Dana and Ashley finished up the spaghetti squash and put it in a casserole dish to warm it back up in the oven.  Now for our review.  Everything tasted good, except for some of us the spaghetti squash.  I think I needed to cook it longer and some of us prefer it to be savory and not sweet.  We also thought that it was strange to have this dish paired with the wrap.  The cookies were great, especially the cookie dough :)  Once again we enjoyed trying this menu out.  I will for sure fix the Bacon wraps again!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Cute graham cracker crusher:) thanks for the review.