Monday, June 22, 2015

Rutter Kitchen- Menu#11






 
We have been behind on our menu's, so we chose the Slow Cooker Creamy Spaghetti, Cheesy Artichoke Bread and the Almond Joy Cookies.  This cookbook has me enjoying my slow cooker again.  I cooked the Italian sausage that morning, so that afternoon all I had to do was assemble the ingredients in the slow cooker.  I cooked it for about 3 1/2 hours and then added the last two ingredients.  Dana fixed the cookies and they looked so simple to make.  Dana and Ashley fixed the Cheesy Artichoke Bread and it didn't take them long to get it in the oven.  It sure smelled good while it was cooking :)  Now for our review.  We thought everything tasted good.  We thought the spaghetti had good flavors and wasn't too spicy for the little ones.  It was fun to try it in the slow cooker, but I still prefer my usual way of cooking the pasta and sauce separate from each other.  I used the thin spaghetti that I usually use and think that a regular spaghetti might be better.  The bread was really good and the leftovers got taken home :)  The cookies were wonderful if you like Almond Joy candy bars, which some of us including me does, yay!  It was a fun menu to make :)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I didn't get a chance to make the cookies so nice to read about them.