Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Simple, Perfect Chili

We just had this Chili for dinner tonight and I thought it was a very good recipe.  I especially liked the masa in it.  The one thing I did not care for was that I used ground venison and I thought the flavor of the venison was quite strong and gamey so the next time I grind up some venison I will definitely add some ground beef or sausage or something to it to cut that flavor.  (I have not noticed it before with just the regular cuts of venison, not ground).  But, back to the recipe – I used about 1 pound of the meat and added 2 cans of kidney beans, a can of diced green chilis and a can of diced tomatoes.   Other than that I followed the recipe as directed but cooked it in the crockpot.  It smelled really good cooking.  I served it with some corn muffins.  Good solid recipe that I would make again.

Simmering in the crockpot:

Jacki's Pics 003

Ready to eat:

Jacki's Pics 004

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Thanks for the good ideas. Your meal looked very tasty with the avocado & cornbread :)