Friday, January 7, 2011

"Spicy" Pork

I fixed the "spicy pork" last night for dinner.  As Jacki and Leslee mentioned it wasn't spicy.  I almost thought it was bland.  I was so excited to use my new food processor... so much easier and faster to chop things up.  That part was VERY exciting :).  I missed one of the spices - cumin - b/c I didn't have any.  Maybe that would have helped it have a little more flavor.  I cooked it in the crockpot as Jacki and Leslee did.  It sounded like a lot of work to cook it in the oven and have to turn it every hour... something I would have probably forgot to do anyways.  The meat was very tender and moist so that part was really good.  I just added some BBQ sauce to mine and we were good to go.  Connor really liked it and cleaned his plate (a rare happening). 
The kids plates ready to go.
 Out of the crock pot - mid-way through the shredding.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the pics and review. It is strange the title says spicy when it really isn't but I guess if you had some that didn't like spice you could just add a few dashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper after it cooked. The BBQ sauce was a good idea too. Healthy looking plates:)

Audrey said...

Congrats on your new " Food Processor". Thanks for your comments. I haven't cooked the pulled pork yet, but will remember your ideas :)
What fun little dinner plates for kids :)