Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Leslee's Spicy Shredded Pork

I decided to just make this pork in the crockpot since that seemed a lot easier to me than the oven.  In the morning I plopped a pork roast in, rubbed it with the seasonings and added some beef broth in place of the water.  I only made half the recipe since it was just for the three of us.  I didn’t see anything in the recipe that would make it spicy at all so I added a dash of hot sauce and some ground red pepper.  I let it cook all day on low.  I shredded it and we ate it as tacos or a salad.  It was very moist and tender but wasn’t spicy as the name suggested.  If you want some spice to it I would suggest adding something else in there!

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks like a tasty meal. Thanks for the suggestions.

Heidi said...

Sounds good! I'm fixing this tomorrow for dinner. Good to know it's not spicy. :)

Audrey said...

I liked your idea of using it for soft tacos, they looked very good :). I haven't made it yet, but will remember about needing to add the extra spice.