Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reviews without Pictures

I fixed the jalapeno poppers almost as soon as I got the cookbook in the mail.  It turned out that we were having some friends over so I fixed these.  They were A-MAZING!  I followed the directions and the recipe.  USE GLOVES of some sort when handling the jalapeno's.  The poppers weren't hot and just had a pepper test.  I have fixed these twice and both times they were the hit of the party.  We are having a Super Bowl party this year and I am sure that I will be fixing them again.  I'll try to take pictures this time though. 

I also fixed the chili a couple of months ago.  I can't remember for sure; but I am pretty sure that I followed the recipe.  I cooked it on the stovetop and it was really good.  I think that next time I will cook it in the crockpot like the others did to make it easier on me.  I liked the chili recipe because of the masa and also because it made quite a bit so I was able to freeze and save about 1/2.  We ate it a couple of weeks after we had originally had it and it tasted fine. 

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I have yet to make the poppers, but hope to in the next week. They sure look good! I have made the chili & I really liked it.

Jacki's travels said...

I am way behind so I plan to get busy this next week and make the poppers and the onion strings. They sound good!