Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Spicy Pulled Venison

I made this recipe last night with minor additions and changes.  After talking with Leslee about the dish I went ahead and cooked it in the crockpot so I didn’t crisp up the meat at the end.  I also substituted venison for pork since I have so much of it.  I think my venison roast was only about 1.5 pounds but I made the whole batch of sauce for it.  I also used chicken broth instead of water and I added a few sprinkles of crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper each for a little more kick as Leslee suggested.  The venison shredded up nicely and had a good flavor.  I served with warmed flour tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and sour cream – Delicious!  If any of the rest of you tried this recipe, let us know how it turned out.  Hope you all had a great Christmas.  Happy New Year!:)

Jacki's Pics 002

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Wow, your plate looked very tasty. It makes me want to go and cook it right now :). Great idea to use the venison.