Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kim's review

So, as always I'm about to do multiple reviews in one post. I make all the recipes, I don't know why it's so hard for me to post them as I make them. Oh well. First one up:

Cinnamon Rolls


These were yummy! I halved the recipe, like a lot of you guys, and it made PLENTY!! Was I the only one that thought it called for a CRAZY amount of butter and sugar? I also had a hard time rolling the dough up, but that could be because this was my first time making cinnamon rolls and it is kind of an awkward motion. I baked a pan, frosted them and then froze them. A few weeks later I heated them up for our family and they tasted perfect!

Next item of business:
Red Velvet Cake (I know it doesn't look perfect, but it was yummy!)

We used this cake as my birthday cake!

We liked this recipe a lot, but my cake was a little dry. I think I baked it longer than I needed to. I have this fear of under-cooking things and as a result I usually OVER cook them :( I'll work on that!

Simple Perfect Chili

This was yummy and my husband really liked it. I personally found it a little spicy. My kids felt the same, neither one ate any of it. So next time I will lay low on some of the spices.

That's all for now. I'll try and stay up to date on my posts!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks so much for your reviews! Yes, I agree about the butter and sugar in the cinnamon rolls - I will use less next time. I thought your cake looked beautiful. And, your chili looked very tasty as well.