Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tarin's French Breakfast Puffs

So this is one of those recipe's that I just haven't gotten around to making, I'm not normally the one cooking breakfast. But since Atlanta is on Snow Day #3, I figured this was a great time to try it out.

I made everything just the same as the directions stated, except I had to use evaporated milk instead. (We've got less than a gallon left and the stores here are still sold out!) So I did 1/2 cup evaporated milk mixed with a little over 1/3 cup of water for my milk. The batter turned out great. It reminded me of cream puff batter and after I cooked the muffins I thought that if I had used my finger and a little water I could have smoothed out the top of the muffin so that they would all be uniform when cooked.



I thought they felt really heavy when I removed them from their pan, but when I ate one it was so light and fluffy...it reminded me of a doughnut. I will definitely use this recipe again. Everyone liked it. I left one without sugar on it and let Addison eat it...man did she go to town on it!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Glad everyone enjoyed the puffs - especially Addison - cute. Good job on being resourceful and using the evaporated milk. I hope you Atlantans dig out from the storm soon but it sounds like you all have been having fun. Thanks for the review.