Sunday, April 3, 2011

Leslee’s Perfect Pot Roast

We had this for a big lunch/dinner this afternoon.  I was excited to try this pot roast since I usually just cook them in the crockpot.  I used a chuck roast, whole carrots, onions and finger link potatoes.  I thought it was kind of fun to brown them all up before cooking…I felt like quite the cook! The roast was difficult to handle in the pan because it was so heavy.  I roasted everything in my big pot for about 3 1/2 hrs.  I thought the meat would be a little more tender then it was but it was moist and had a good flavor.  Sean made up a gravy with some of the juice from the pan that added some more flavor! I should mention that I forgot to add the spices to the roast so I am sure that would have been good.  The veggies in it were very delicious! I think in the future I will use the browning technique but maybe just cook it in the crockpot since that is easier to do while we are gone at church. 

Overall this made a very delicious meal and was perfect for Sunday!

IMG_1615

Sean requested the Oatmeal Crispies again so we are getting some use out of the Pioneer Woman Cookbook over here today!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your pot roast looks very good - might have needed just a bit more cooking time if you wanted it more tender. The crockpot would work well too. Yes, those oatmeal crispies were very good and I made another batch today as well - they are chilling in the fridge as I write. Good job on the gravy, Sean.

Audrey said...

Your meal looked good. I will probably make gravy also,as Doug likes that on his roast. Good idea about using the fingerling potatoes. I haven't tried them yet, but need to.