Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Owens' Pot Roast

I fixed the roast last Thursday.  I meant to fix it on Tuesday when it was a little cooler here in Oklahoma, but I forgot to get it started and in the oven on time.  I followed the recipe as it was written and it tasted good.  I usually do mine like many others do in the crockpot with an onion soup packet & cream of mushroom soup.  this was a nice change but it is so much easier in the crockpot for me.
The onions and carrots browned along with the seared roast.
 All ready to go into the oven.
 Cooked and ready to eat.  I served this with mashed potatoes.  My kids are big fans of cooked carrots, but Kenton and I thought that they had a good flavor.  It was good and I would fix it again!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your meat & veggies looked really good! I'll bet it tasted good also. Good idea to have mashed potatoes with it. Did you make gravy to go with it or did you use the meat juices?

Heidi said...

I was going to make gravy; but i just decided to use the meat juices. I will make gravy next time though since I like gravy :)