Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rutter Oatmeal Crisps


Alright, so I completely forgot to take pictures as I went. Sorry!!! Okay, I decided to make these cookies for a fundraiser that is going on where I work. They are raising money for a Japan relief effort by having bake sales, etc. I wanted to lend a hand, so I baked cookies.


When making the cookies, I decided to add fresh blueberries to the mix. I also used walnuts instead of pecans. They turned out tasting GREAT! I did use a few too many blueberries which cause a few of the cookies to fall apart. Over all the majority of the cookies looked awesome. I really like these cookies and will definitely make them in the future.



Me at work.....One of the broken cookies I brought for my lunch.



Taking a Bite.........The baby really wanted to see what the cookies tasted like!!! ;)



4 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks good! Great idea to add the blueberries. I had everything all ready to try these and then realized that i didn't have any raisens... I NEED raisens in my oatmeal cookies. :)

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

I understand that!!!! I love raisens in my oatmeal cookies.

Audrey said...

What a good idea to add blueberries & walnuts, since they are so good for you. Much better than the chocolate chips I would be tempted to add :). I'll have to try that.

Jacki's travels said...

Good to know fresh blueberries work well with this recipe. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing.