Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jacki’s Cheesy Tortellini Spinach Bake

I made this a few nights ago for dinner and I thought it was ok.  I followed the directions but would do a few things differently next time.  I used 1/4 tsp of the red pepper flakes and it was too spicy.  I also used the lemon zest and lemon juice but for some reason it just didn’t “go” with this dish in my taste buds opinion.  I made the sauce and tasted it and felt it was a little bland so I added a few more sprinkles of salt and then added the cheese.  Well, the cheese was plenty salty in itself so the whole dish ended up being a bit too salty for my taste but that was my fault.  My white sauce was also a bit floury but I have never been very good at white sauces.   Next time I would omit the lemon, use less parmesan cheese and use only 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes.  I still need to make the cupcakes and the fruit mousse from last week – they both look good!

Jacki's Pics 003

3 comments:

Al and Jenny said...

Oh no! I am making this tonight...I guess we'll see how it goes! It looks pretty, if nothing else!

Probably the bacon made it saltier too. I'll have to remember to go easy on the salt.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this tonight too! Perfect timing on the post!

Audrey said...

Like you I think that I would like this recipe better without the lemon flavor.