Monday, May 20, 2013

Jenny's Cheesy Tortellini Spinach Bake

 I made this recipe on Saturday night.  After reading Jacki's review I used a little less salt than called for.  And I left out the spicy red pepper :)  I didn't think the red pepper sounded like a good fit either.  Because of personal preference I used about half as much basil as what was called for.  I also didn't have quite enough of the lemon zest that was called for.  But besides tweaking the seasonings a bit I didn't change the recipe.

We all liked the recipe.  It went together quickly, which I appreciated!  And thanks to Jacki's review I was able tone down some of the flavors.  So the lemon wasn't super strong, but you would get a hint of it and it was a nice touch.  Even my kids ate it!  Avery was skeptical of the spinach, but it had so much cheese, sauce etc. that I told her she wouldn't even taste it.  She ended up really liking it.  James ate one bite, but then was done.  He's going through a picky phase right now.
Dane loved it!  I think leaving out the red pepper was the key!  And using less basil, in my humble opinion :)

Tonight I am making the sweet and sour chicken, from the week before.  So we will see how that goes.  I think it sounds yummy!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review Jenny. After reading yours and Tarin's reviews I really think I need to make this again with the changes. Your little Dane is so cute!