Friday, February 27, 2015

Rutter Kitchen- Menu #27






 
I started out putting the Slow cooker Macaroni and Cheese together about 3 hours before we were going to eat.  The recipe went together very easily.  I then got the chicken breasts all cut up.  Ashley then got everything ready so she could dip all the pieces to make them into chicken nuggets.  We weren't sure if the grated parmesan meant the dry grated or the fresh grated, so we went with the fresh.  It worked just fine, except we had a few family members worry that there was coconut on the nuggets ;)  I fixed the Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies and they were very easy.  I used my big mixer and that went very fast!  We made some with chocolate chips and some without.  I liked the fact that these cookies were a little healthier than other versions.  We thought the nuggets were okay. Maybe I'll try them again using chicken thighs, as they were a little dry using the chicken breasts.  The cookies were good too, but I prefer my cookies a little crisp and these were cakelike.  They did have a good flavor though.  The big hit was the Mac n cheese.  So easy and so tasty!  Even Lil Brett liked the recipes :)We will make that recipe again.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Yes, it does look like Little Brett enjoyed his meal:) glad to read this review before I make it. It all looks tasty!