Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catching Up: Penne with Chorizo & Sweet Peppers in Garlic Cream Sauce Review

I am a bit behind on my recipe making since we just had a big move with a vacation mixed in.  We are all settled now so I can get to work catching up! Last night I prepared this penne, sausage and sweet pepper dish because it seem like it would be rather quick and easy.  I was quite impressed that it only took me about 30 minutes start to finish plus I cut up a big fruit salad in there!
Here are most of the ingredients that I used.
I got the red pepper from the olive bar at the store and couldn't remember how much I needed but I probably should have got more. I am not a big fan of creamy pastas so instead of using the heavy cream I made a little mixture of 2% milk and Greek yogurt, probably only a couple tablespoons and added it at the end.  It was a substitution I found online and worked quite well.  It helped coat some of the flavors onto the pasta without adding alot of cream.  Sean and I both really liked this dish and Summy even seemed to enjoy it! The sausage we chose was suppose to be Hot but it wasn't very spicy but that worked out well for little Summer.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Very tasty looking. Thanks for the tip on the cream substitution - good to know.