Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Chicken w/ Eggplant, Capers, Black Olives. Review of Potato Salad

We had these two dishes the other night and I thought they were both good.  I followed the chicken recipe as directed except I omitted the capers because I forgot to buy them.  I also ended up using a can of stewed tomatoes instead of diced which wasn’t much different.  I enjoyed using the eggplant because it is not something I cook with very often.  Next time I will season the eggplant while it is cooking because it was a little bland.  I served the dish over rice to capture all the yummy juices. 

Jacki's Pics 126

I also made the Traditional Potato Salad.  I really liked the tang that the vinegar gave.  It was just enough vinegar to lightly coat the potatoes but it imparted a good flavor.  I didn’t know how I would like the Dijon mustard in the sauce since I usually use regular but it was really good.  I also didn’t add the celery or the relish.  I thought I had celery but it was rather old so I just tossed it.  I thought the dish had a good flavor and was even better as leftovers after the flavors blended and soaked into the potatoes.  I served it cold.

Jacki's Pics 125

I hope some of the rest of you will get a chance to try these two recipes and let us know what you think.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I am looking forward to the eggplant dish since I haven't ever cooked with that either. I will have to remember to season it as it cooks like you suggested. Yours looks very tasty over rice!