Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Three Mushroom Spinach Fettuccini. Review of Mixed Cherry Tom. Salad

I made these two recipes tonight for dinner and they were both tasty.  I used regular fettuccini because the store I went to didn’t have any spinach fettuccini.  I also didn’t end up using the whole pound – probably only about 2/3 of it.  I didn’t use any Marsala wine because I didn’t have any but I put in a few splashes of sherry vinegar.  Next time I think I will put in a few more splashes of it – good flavor.  I also probably will add just a bit less of the thyme and oregano.  I like pasta dishes and love mushrooms so this was a good recipe for me.   Rich ate it without complaint so I guess that was a good sign too!

We both liked the tomato salad as well.  I used half grape tomatoes and half cucumber and made it a bit ahead of time so it could marinate in the red wine vinegar mixture.  Very good summer time salad. 

Jacki's Pics 130

I am looking forward to more reviews of these two recipes if anyone else gets a chance to make them. 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I liked your idea of putting in cucumbers also. I will try that! Your dish looks really good.