Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leslee's Kabobs and Bean and Corn Salad

To celebrate 4th of July I made these Kabobs for dinner.  I really didn't follow anything from the recipe though because I was trying to just use up stuff we had instead of buying more.  I cut up chunks of chicken and marinated it in a homemade teriyaki marinade for several hours along with some red and green bell pepper, pineapple and onion.  When ever we make kabobs we usually put the meat and veggies on different skewers since the meat always needs longer.  Usually this eliminates the extra crispy veggies! We ate this with some "chicken rice" and watermelon.  Very tasty, and perfect for the summertime!

I made the Bean and Corn salad at the beginning of last week to accompany some grilled chicken but forgot to take a picture of it.  We actually tried this recipe in January I think, when I happened to be at my mom's house.  This time when I made it I used fresh corn, cut off the cob instead of the canned corn. It was very good! 

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks very tasty. Also, good idea to cook the meat and veggies separately. The Ponzu sauce that I bought has gluten in it - not sure if there is one without it.