Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nika's pasta

Tonight I made the spinach fettuccini dish for myself. Actually I am eating it right now. Sterling won't be home for dinner so after feeding the kids pancakes and eggs and putting them to bed I made this for myself. I am the only mushroom fan in the house so I figured it would be much more enjoyable to just eat it in peace. I had everything on hand more or less. I used all regular mushrooms, no spinach fettuccini, just plain, but I added in chopped spinach. I did not use all of the broth or pasta because I didn't feel like the dish could handle it. I also didn't have any wine so I used red wine vinegar. I figured that would be good because it tastes good on spinach. I probably didn't add the full amount of spices, and of course I added extra parmesan. I think this tastes pretty good and would make it again. Hopefully I can try the eggplant dish next time I have a night to myself.


3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your dish looks delicious! Good idea to mix the spinach in with it. It makes good leftovers.

Leslee said...

Glad you could enjoy it all yourself!

Audrey said...

Good idea about just adding spinach. I will have to try that. Im glad that you had a nice night to yourself!