Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nika's Meals

On Saturday afternoon I made both of the dishes for this week and put them in the fridge. I thought we wouldn't need dinner last night because we were going to a bbq at a park but there was so much thunder and lightening that it was cancelled so luckily I could just heat up the pasta and we had an easy dinner.

The first pictures are for the quiche. I changed the recipe a bit. First of all, I did not want something so heavy so I made it crustless. For the filling I used three eggs instead of two and then ironically used up some of the cream from the pasta dish making it nice and fatty. For the filling we used three bell peppers from the garden and left over andouille sausage from the pasta dish. I also put mushrooms on my half. This evening for dinner I just put it in the oven from the fridge and cooked it for 25 minutes. I also used extra cheese but it was 2% milk cheese. This was really good and to copy my mom I made some french bread breadsticks with parmesean and garlic salt. We also served it with an orange julius and cucumber since it was kind of a light meal. Sterling, Max and I really enjoyed it. I would make it again.


The pasta dish was so good. Since the first recipe of the white bean and andouille soup I have really enjoyed using andouille sausage. Its the sort of sausage that has just the right amount of heat to it. Sterling does not care for chorizzo since his mission so this is what we use. I followed the directions but the jar of peppers I bought only made 1 cup and I only used 1 cup of sausage which was plenty. In the future I would like a few more red peppers in there. Everyone liked it and Max really wolfed it down. We would definitely make this again.








2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Both of your meals look tasty. I am glad you enjoyed them - we did too. The quiche is really good cold too.

Leslee said...

Mm both look good. I hope to give them a try soon.