Monday, February 7, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Onion Strings

Last night I had grand plans to make both the Onion Strings and the Jalapeno Poppers but alas….only the Onion Strings got made.  I served them with the Marlboro Man Sandwich and they were absolutely delicious!  I soaked the thinly sliced onions as directed in the buttermilk for probably about 2 hours and then dipped them in the flour mix, shook them off and plopped them in the hot oil.   Easy.  I used a sweet onion and I would highly recommend that – so good.   After eating the Marlboro Man sandwich and the Onion Strings I had a touch of heartburn (happens when you’re old and eat rich/greasy food).  I thought a nice big bowl of ice cream would cure it but there was not any in the house (on purpose) so I settled for…….a Tums. 

Onion slices soaking in the buttermilk.

Jacki's Pics 001

Finished product plated with a Marlboro Man sandwich.

Jacki's Pics 002

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks very, very tasty! I would fix it; but no one in my house (besides me) likes onions. Ashley probably would eat them though. She'll eat just about anything. :)

Leslee said...

Those look quite nice and delicious. We are going to try them tomorrow night with some hamburgers.

Audrey said...

Very nice looking onion strings. I also liked them myself. It was hard to not eat too many. Great to pair them with that sandwich :)