Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leslee's Onion Rings

Hope you like the little face-lift I gave the blog.  Maybe it will motivate us to get cooking:)
I also added a new recipe schedule so make sure to check that and let me know if your week doesn't work for you. 

I finally made the onion rings tonight with out dinner.  I have to be honest...I have never tried onion rings in my life and I always thought they were really gross but these was were pretty delicious!  The only change I made to the recipe was substituting rice flour for regular flour but I am sure they turned out quite similar. I probably didn't use as much oil as she suggested but I did use plenty.  These probably weren't the healthiest thing but they were good! I was surprised how little you tasted the onions. 

Also, the other night Kim made the Jalapeno Poppers for the Superbowl party she hosted. I tried them and they were really good! I was surprised how sweet and not spicy they were. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

The face-lift looks great. I especially like the new fonts for the post titles. I need to up date my blog and give it a little face-lift too. Maybe naptime today :)
The onion strings looked really good. Maybe I'll try them with hamburgers... when it warms up!!

Jacki's travels said...

Your onion rings look very tasty - I really thought they were good as well. I like the new blog look - makes me want to cook and post:)!

Audrey said...

Same here about the new look for the blog :)
very cheerful looking. I actually have all the recipes cooked, I just need to post them :)