Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brisket, grits, and cake



I caught up on a couple of recipes this week. First we made the brisket and grits. Oh my gosh, the brisket was awesome. Loved by all, including the kids. Everybody ate a ton! I did it in the crock pot as well and the brisket was so tender it just fell apart when I was trying to put it on a serving plate. I would definitely make it again.

I made the grits to go with it. My husband and I really liked them, especially my husband. The kids wouldn't touch them. They had a great cheesy flavor--I just used extra sharp cheddar. It was a nice change from the usual side dish.

The cake was a huge hit in this house. I loved it, but I don't think I can make it again. Something about it was addictive and I couldn't leave it alone. I am pretty sure that you don't burn enough calories in spin class to eat two huge pieces of this cake in one day... Anyway, just kidding. I am sure I will make it again. It would be great to take on a picnic, BBQ or whatever.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Yes, all of these dishes were so good! The cakes was too easy to eat, I guess it is better to take it somewhere and have other people help you eat it:)

Jacki's travels said...

All of your food looks very good. I agree that they were all tasty recipes. Thanks for posting.