Monday, May 16, 2011

Leslee’s Chocolate Sheet Cake

I made this last night for dessert.  It sounded so good, so I substituted in some rice flour and xanthium gum to make it gluten free.  The cake was pretty easy to make and cooked up quickly.  I wasn’t paying too much attention to the recipe and the part about pouring the frosting on when the cake was still hot so I just did it after it cooled.  Seemed to work just fine.  It was delicious, especially with a little ice cream! We all loved it!
IMG_2386

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Your cake looks like a regular chocolate cake :)
Did you half the recipe or does it look like it's smaller because of your pan? Also, did you have to change the cooking time?

Leslee said...

Yes I halved the recipe but I still cooked it for 20 minutes and it was perfect.

grandmanadee said...

I love this cake recipe too, and what a good idea to halve it. Otherwise it makes enough to feed 14 missionaries (as I did with it often in South Africa). It does come out a little different if you put the frosting on while warm, but either way it is delicious and so easy.