Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jacki and Nika’s Review of Eggs – in- a- Hole

Nika and kids are here visiting and we made these yesterday morning for breakfast.  They were a big hit with everyone!  I followed the recipe as directed except after the first one I started to put the egg in the hole right after I put the bread in the pan instead of waiting the 1 minute.  Also it was important to add a little more butter after turning it to get the other side to brown well.  A very easy recipe and one I will make again.

I made the first one for Isabelle and she helped cut the hole in the bread.

Jacki's Pics 094

cooking up nicely.

Jacki's Pics 095

Max wanted to help as well and get in on the fun.

Jacki's Pics 096

Belle’s finished product – she loved it.

Jacki's Pics 097

For the adults I used some French bread which was absolutely delicious.  I thought it might be a little tough for the little kids to chew so I just made theirs on regular bread.

Jacki's Pics 098

I hope you all get a chance to try out this recipe. 

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Great pictures, especially of the kids :). I can't believe how much they have grown. I liked your idea about using French bread. I need to try that.

grandmanadee said...

I have been neglectful of the Sharpest Knife bloggs, but went in today, and lo and behold the eggs in a hole is a recipe I have used for many years - since my own kids were very young. We all love it. I always buttered the bread before I cut it and then (like Tarin) just fried the rounds with the other part. It is a great and easy recipe.