Monday, May 9, 2011

Pot Roast and Oatmeal Crispies


Sorry, I got a bit behind! I actually made the Oatmeal Crispies and Pot Roast the weeks we were supposed to...I just never got around to posting.

The oatmeal crispies were so good! A lot better than I thought they were going to be. I dunno, in the picture on-line I didn't think they looked that great. Anyway, I made the cookies exactly as she said, but in half the dough I added chocolate chips. I loved just being able to slice the cookie dough. I don't have a picture of the cookies, but they were a hit. I don't normally add nuts to cookies because I didn't think I was a fan, but I loved the taste of the pecans in these cookies.

The Pot Roast was also a huge hit all around here. I made it exactly as the recipe says, with the fresh herbs and everything. I loved the carrots and onions. The meat was so tender and moist. And then it made great french dip sandwiches the next day! The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the little pine needles of the rosemary that were all over the vegetables and in the sauce. It looks so pretty, and the flavor was wonderful, but next time I might use dried rosemary instead of fresh.

Sorry this post is so late...

1 comment:

Audrey said...

We also liked the oatmeal cookies & roast & veggies. Glad that your family did also :)