Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Egg in the Hole, Marmalade Muffins, and Betsy's Penne Pasta




I have been out of town for a few weeks and got a little behind on the recipes, but I'm almost all caught up now!

The Egg in the Hole breakfast is an oldie but a goodie. I used to make it growing up, but kind of forgot about it. I was glad for the reminder on this blog. I don't have any pictures of it, but I have always just taken the cutout of bread and buttered it and grilled it. Like a little extra piece of toast.

I just made the marmalade muffins this morning and thought they were so yummy. I loved the smell of the orange zest. It made my whole kitchen smell good! I don't have mini muffin tins so I just made regular sized muffins. I was wondering about the muffins being dense because the batter was thick, but they baked up light and super moist. I would definitely make these again. They would be perfect for hosting a brunch. I got 17 regular sized muffins out of this recipe, and that was filling the muffin tins pretty full.

I made Betsy's Penne Pasta last week for dinner. We loved it! I made a meatless version and it was still very good. I just added a little bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese in the sauce and then more sprinkled on top. I used the full amount of cream...still trying not to feel guilty about that! But this recipe is definitely a keeper.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the reviews. Everything looks very tasty - glad everyone liked it all.