Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jacki’s Sangria

I made the Sangria today and  wasn’t sure what to expect but it turned out delicious!  I mixed it up this morning so it could meld in the fridge all day.  I am not much of a juice drinker (prefer the whole fruit) but I usually have orange juice and cranberry juice in the house so that is what I used.  I didn’t really measure but probably used about equal parts of each.  For fruit I put in some lemon slices, a few raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and grapes.  My favorite fruit turned out to be the lemon slices.   They really picked up the juice and had an excellent flavor.  I think orange and lime slices would have been good as well.  It is a very flexible recipe and there are plenty of juice/fruit combinations you could try.  My photos turned out pretty bad but they give you a bit of idea of what it looked like.  If you want the liquid to be clear then best not to use orange juice but it sure gave it a good flavor.

Jacki's Pics 028

Jacki's Pics 029

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your description & pictures make me want to try the recipe. We weren't going to make it because we aren't juice drinkers here either, but we may have to give it a try. Thanks for the review. I like the combo that you tried.

Al and Jenny said...

Looks so pretty!