Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rutter Mocha Brownies

Well, I completely forgot to take pics for this recipe. Audrey and I were not able to cook this together. I did however go ahead and make them. I'm not sure what happened to mine, but my pan was WAY to small (8x8). It took them forever to cook and due to long cooking time they turned out dry. I would say my brownies were about 2 inches think, icing not included. I really like the icing though. It was good.I really like the brownie and mocha icing together. The flavors together are a whole lot different then when separated. I think I'm gonna try making them again soon. I definitely will use a bigger pan next time and possibly a little less icing. Overall, I think it was the cook not the recipe so I will be making these again.

7 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

I cooked mine in an 8x8 pan also and they went clear to the top. PW says to take them out when the top is no longer soft but I think they need to be a little soft because mine were a little over done too. Next time I would take them out before I thought they were done. Thanks for your review. The chocolate and mocha made a good combination :)

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Mine went to the top too! I seriously had like a brownie loaf bread...sort of. LOL!!! It literally took them over an hour to cook.

Audrey said...

Well, I cooked mine for the least amount of time she suggested & I thought they turned out good :)
I used an 8x8 pan also. They still were a bit chewy, which I like. I will make them again & decrease the time even more. Brownies are tough, since they don't usually look like they are done & they actually are. I took pictures, but can't post anything for about another month, then I will have fast speed Internet :)

Leslee said...

Yes, they did seem thick!

Nika said...

I hope to make these soon. Good to know about them being so thick. I think I will try a bigger pan.

Jacki's travels said...

Ah...a brownie can never be too thick or have too much frosting:)

didi said...

After reading all this I think I need to make it ASAP. Thank you all for all the info.