Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kim's pasta and prune cake review

Last night I made the penne alla Batsy (minus shrimp) and the prune cake for dessert. I also made the cheesy olive bread. Most of it was really good.

The pasta was yummy and super easy to make. I just did chicken instead of shrimp. I was worried that it might be a little flavorless, but it wasn't at all. The olive bread (I know we weren't supposed to make it, I just did, so I thought I would review) wasn't my favorite. Everyone else liked it but I've never been a huge fan of olives, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that I didn't love it.


The prune cake was delicious!! I took someones suggestion and used baby food instead of boiling the prunes etc. I am a big texture person and I think if I would have found a prune chunk in the cake I would have lost it. So, the baby food idea was great! It was smooth and yummy. Nobody knew the "prune" secret. My boys all gobbled it up and we ate some more for breakfast. You should all make it with baby food... SO EASY!!! Thanks for the idea!

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Glad the baby food prunes worked out so well. I am the opposite though - finding a chunk of prune would have been like hitting the jackpot! And,I agree, the pasta was easy and very good.

Nika said...

I was laughing about your comment on finding a prune in your cake.

Leslee said...

Great move to use the baby food...we weren't fans of the prune chunks! You guys just had a Pioneer Woman night!