Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jacki’s Beef Stroganoff and Rocky Road Ice Cream

We had the Stroganoff last night for dinner and I thought it had a really good flavor.  I followed the recipe as written but ended up adding a little hot water at the end because it was a little too thick but it was still really tasty.  I served it over thick, homemade-type noodles – Yum.   I served it with sauteed Swiss chard.
The Rocky Road Ice Cream was absolutely divine!  (and I ate too much of it) I made it as directed in the recipe but I didn’t have mini marshmallows so I cut up some regular ones like Nika did.  I would recommend using the mini ones or the hot cocoa ones as Nika mentioned because cutting a big one is just a big, sticky mess.  But, they mixed in ok and didn’t seem to get too hard.  This is the best Rocky Road Ice Cream I have ever had.   I can try all of these fun ice cream recipes now because Nika and family gave us a little Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for our birthdays.  It works great and is a lot of fun to play with. 

Jacki's Pics 063

Jacki's Pics 068

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Glad to read your review as I plan on making this meal in the next couple of days. What fun having such a nice icecream maker!