Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jacki’s Skewers, Roasted Potatoes, and Sorbet

I finally completed all three recipes for this week.  I ended up making them each on a different night due to various reasons but they would have made a really good meal together.  I made the Italian Chicken and Vegetable Skewers first.  I used the Italian Dressing in the book and it had a really good flavor – good for both a marinade and a salad dressing.  I followed the Skewer recipe as directed except I used a green bell pepper instead of the yellow, red, or orange.  I ended up with more vegetables than chicken so I just made some all veggie skewers as well.  I ended up cooking the skewers under the oven broiler and that worked out well.  It all tasted really good.  I have never marinated the vegetables for Skewers before but I really liked them this way.  The next night I made the Roasted Garlic-Rosemary Potatoes.  I followed the recipe as directed with the exception of only using a tsp of dried Rosemary after reading Nika’s review and I thought it was just right.  I had to bake the potatoes for longer than the recipe called for.  I really liked this recipe as well.  Tonight my mangoes were finally ripe enough to make the Mango-Pineapple Sorbet and it was absolutely delicious!  If any of you are looking for a really fun little ice cream maker Costo has a Cuisinart one on sale in their current coupon book.  It makes 1.5 quarts and does a terrific job.  After reading Nika’s review I only added 1/4 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 cup and it still tasted plenty sweet.  My mangoes could have been just a touch riper but the sorbet was excellent.   I would make all three recipes again. 

Italian Chicken Vegetable Skewers

Jacki's Pics 071

Roasted Garlic-Rosemary Potatoes

Jacki's Pics 074

Mango-Pineapple Sorbet

Jacki's Pics 075

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked and Sounded good! I plan on cooking these recipes this coming week, so it's good to know, they tasted good ;)