Monday, May 21, 2012

Kim's catch up


Even though I don't get around to posting as much as I want to, I am still making the recipes!  I made the yummy cake for my son's birthday and we all loved it!  It was relatively easy to make and we enjoyed it for days.

 I made the rosemary potatoes last night but forgot to take a picture of them.  I actually wasn't crazy about them.  I can't really figure out why I didn't love them, but I didn't.  My husband said they were good, but the kids had a really hard time eating them.  

I made the stramboli a few nights ago.  I liked it.  It was easy to make.  I used the pre-made dough and that made it even easier.  The whole family ate it and liked it.  It tasted really yummy dipped in alfredo.  My husband thought that there was too much chicken in it, but I didn't agree.  He also thought the chicken could have been salted a little more, that I agree on.


I made the panzanella about a week ago or so.  We really liked it!  I made it exactly how it was in the book but I added small cut up pieces of grilled chicken to it.  The chicken was really yummy when all the dressing covered it.  We thought that recipe tasted fresh and delicious.

More to come soon.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Cute picture ;). Thanks for the reviews. I'm cooking the potatoes tonight, so we'll find out what we think if them...

Jacki's travels said...

Cute birthday boy! The cake looks good to. Thanks for your reviews. Maybe it was the mustard in the potatoes - it was a little strong.