Monday, May 7, 2012

Rocky Road Ice Cream- Nika

This afternoon, to prepare for our family night treat we make the rocky road ice cream.  I used our little cuisinart ice cream freezer, but only used one cup of cream and the rest whole milk (in place of the two cups of cream and 3/4 cups of skim).  My husband is the master ice cream maker around here and that is what he does and it has a great flavor and texture still.  At the end I stirred in some chopped up jumbo marshmallows, because I didn’t have any of the little guys. They immediately froze and became crispy.  I don’t know if minis would have done that.  I have seen the little cans of tiny ones that you can shake into your hot chocolate at the store and I think they would be a good size.   Anyway,  not sure what to do about the marshmallow problem, but its not terrible and the ice cream has a delicious flavor.  The kids and I topped ours with the toasted pecans since Sterling doesn’t generally care for nuts and Sam can’t really chew them very good yet.   Overall this is a very tasty recipe and I would definitely make it again.  I liked that you didn’t have to cook it and just had to mix the ingredients together. 

 

IMG_4324

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

That looks like some mighty good ice cream. I am going to make this tonight so I appreciated your comment about the marshmallows. Hmmm I wonder how Eddy's (Dreyers) keeps theirs so soft?