Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jacki’s Chili-Lime Steak and Pecan Bars

We had the Chili-Lime Steak tonight for dinner and it was really good.  I used a Flat Iron Steak and cooked it under the broiler because our little portable gas grill is pretty weak.  It cooked up nicely, was tender and had a good flavor.   I used the Chipotle Chili powder instead of Cayenne pepper.  Other than that I followed the directions.  The Steak salad sounded really good but we just had ours with baked potato, corn on the cob and watermelon.  I made the Pecan Bars a couple of days ago.  I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in a 8 x 8 inch Pyrex baking dish so the bars were a little thin.  I added a little more pecans than called for and I think next time I would add even more.  I didn’t make the glaze because I made the carrot cake again the other day and I still had the cream cheese frosting left from that so I frosted some of the bars with that and left some without as my husband prefers the unfrosted.  We both thought they were good. 
Two good recipes I thought. 

Jacki's Pics

Jacki's Pics 102

No comments: