Monday, May 4, 2015

Dessert Bars....Rutter Cook Night

We decided to roast our veggies instead of the crock pot this week. So since we were using the oven for the veggies, I made the dessert at my house during the day.
This dessert was SO EASY to make. I think it took me like 15 min to get it all in the pan. I think we all really enjoyed it. It's rich!!!! Saying that, it was still amazing. Audrey made homemade ice cream and they complemented the bars well. The ONLY thing I would change about this recipe would be smoothing out the chocolate morsels. I think it would have been prettier to just keep them looking like morsels. That is totally up to likes and dislikes though. Hope everyone enjoy this as much as we did!!!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

It was very rich, but good :)

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

I have an idea for the crust. I thought it was kinda bland for the rest of the dessert. I think it would be good to take waffle cones, crush them into a fine powder, then mix melted butter and press in the pan, then do the rest of the recipe the same, it would be better. Just an idea I had.

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review snd suggestions. Looking forward to making these this week.