Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tarin's Menu 43

 I was pretty happy with all of the recipes. I had the Elders over for dinner last night so it was a great opportunity to cook for them :) The ribs had a good flavor. I ended up using the Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy BBQ sauce instead of the Famous Dave's and it was really tender and tasty. The only other thing I did differently was broiled it instead of grilling it.


I was out of muffin cups so I cooked the cornbread in my pie tin and it was okay. it was moist and Doug enjoyed the taste, but it wasn't cakey and sweet enough for my Southern liking :)

So the popcorn was good, but it makes a TON. Seriously it was a lot, it was messy, and I ended up packaging it off for my Visiting Teachees this month AND sending a whole container into Doug's office on top of what we all at as dessert. It was yummy and sweet, but you couldn't eat too much of it. If I was making it for the family I might have cut the recipe in 1/3. Also I thought that the twix bars were still just a bit too big cut just in half so I cut them in thirds and they were the perfect size. 

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I am making this tomorrow so the tips and suggestions will come in handy. I was planning on broiling instead of grilling too. Maybe I will cut the popcorn recipe into a fourth.

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Looks great!!! Great tip for the popcorn. I'll keep it on mind when I make it.