Monday, May 11, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 37

This was a menu from a few weeks ago that I didn't make because I was sick so I made it yesterday for Mother's Day. I had to make a few changes because we have afternoon church and we wanted to eat right afterwards. I made the Homemade Bread Bowls in the morning. I was a little worried they wouldn't turn out after reading the directions since it only calls for one rising. I looked at the comments section of their blog and several people commented the recipe didn't turn out for them but several also said it did. So I made it as directed and they turned out great. I was envisioning them to be a bit bigger but they were fine and everyone seemed to get plenty full with the portion of soup it held. They had a good flavor too. The Creamy Chicken Chili had a really good flavor. I mixed it all up minus the sour cream and cream and put it in the crockpot on low while I was at church and then added those when I got home before serving. Really tasty. I used chicken thighs instead of breast because that is what I had in the freezer and that turned out well. I served some chopped avocado and grated cheese for optional toppings. The Slow Cooker Rocky Road Chocolate Fondue was so good I wanted to just drink it but I controlled myself. :). Since I was going to be gone and I knew the man of the house would not stir the chocolate mixture every 30 minutes as directed I just put it all in a glass bowl and melted it in the microwave and then mixed in the cream after I got home from church. I then kept it warm in a little crockpot my mom had. We dipped strawberries, graham crackers, marshmallows, and bananas in the fondue - so yummy! Pineapple and grapes would be good too I think. Another fun menu to make and eat! I would definitely make all of these recipes again.





1 comment:

Audrey said...

We haven't fixed this menu yet but it sounds delicious! Glad that the bread bowls turned out so well & also the chicken chili. The chocolate fondue sounded so good. Looking forward to trying this menu.