Friday, May 15, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 43

Today we enjoyed menu 43 and it was delicious!  The Fall-off-the-Bone BBQ Ribs were so good. I used 3 pounds of ribs (I think they were pork loin ribs, extra meaty) and cooked them on high for 8 hours. They were indeed falling off the bone. I used pineapple orange juice instead of pineapple because that is what the store had and it was fine. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ sauce because it just doesn't get any better. I broiled mine like Tarin did for a few minutes. This recipe is similar to the one we made for the first Our Best Bites cookbook. Very easy and turned out great. The cornbread was also very good. I made mine in a pan instead of muffins. They turn out less dry that way. I slightly undercooked it and it was nice and moist. The Twix Caramel Popcorn was the most time consuming of all the recipes. But, oh-so-tasty! It actually tasted the best before the Twix and chocolate were added. The chocolate was too thick to drizzle on so was rather clumpy. It was still good but next time I would make it without. Addictive either way. I meant to make 1/4th batch but ended up making half a batch - dangerous. :). We had baked potato, fresh fruit salad and garden fresh asparagus to go along with our meal and everything was yummy.



2 comments:

Audrey said...

Wow that does look and sound good. Looking forward to trying this menu.

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Looks tasty!!!