Monday, May 25, 2015

Rutter Kitchen- Menu #51





Here's our Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Mom's Potato Salad & Cheesecake Chess Squares.  Dana started out making the dessert so that it could cool.  She followed the directions and said it was pretty simple to make.  I had prepped everything for the potato salad earlier in the day, so then we just had to assemble the ingredients and make the sauce.  For the sandwiches we used rotisserie chicken that I can get in the meat section at walmart.  Dana just combined all the ingredients and it was pretty simple also.  Now for our review :)
We used large croissant rolls for our sandwiches and also added some sliced cheese.  I found the mixture a little spicy but the bread really helped with that.  I think the two who liked the sandwiches the best were Dana and Brock.  Dana took some of the chicken salad home with her and she said that it was a lot better the next day.  I prefer my chicken salad not spicy :) The other guys didn't really care for the sandwiches.  The potato salad was pretty good.  If I made it again, I would cut back on the mustard.  We used red & yellow new potatoes and didn't peel them and that was really good.  We also used the diced dill pickle.  I would like to try a mixture of the sweet and dill next time.  I think that would be good.  Dana did a good job fixing the squares, but like Jacki I didn't think they were anything special.  I prefer simpler desserts that aren't so rich.  It was a fun menu to try, but I probably will only fix the potato salad again. 


No comments: