Saturday, May 9, 2015

Jacki's Review of menu 7

Today we had menu 7 with my parents and oh my goodness, Audrey was correct. It was soooo Good! The Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops were ridiculously yummy. I started marinating them last night so they had a full 19 hours in the marinade. Richard grilled them and did an excellent job. They were moist, flavorful and tender. And, I don't really even care for pork chops usually. I used the canned pineapple and they grilled up great and had excellent flavor. They paired well with the pork chops.  The Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables were so tasty too. I started them out in the slow cooker on high but after about 3.5 hours I switched them to the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes so we could eat sooner (the potatoes were not quite done). All of the vegetables were done but not too soft or mushy and so good. We had some corn on the cob and homemade bread to go along with the meal. The Nutty Caramel bars did not disappoint either. We had some vanilla ice cream with them. I followed Dana's suggestion to not spread out the chocolate chips to make for a prettier presentation. Everything on the menu was easy to prepare and I will definitely make it all again. The other 3 tasters were not oohing and aaahing as much as I was about the meal but I could tell they liked it too:)


2 comments:

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Evening looks great!!!! One of my favorites!!!!

Audrey said...

Glad that you enjoyed the meal. We didn't use the slow cooker for the veggies, so I'm glad that they turned out good and weren't mushy :)