Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Jacki's Menu 49 Review

Due to a conflict we changed our cooking/eating day from Saturday to today. We all enjoyed the meal. I started preparing the breakfast casserole first thing and had it all ready to go in the crockpot by 10 am so we could eat at 2 pm. I cooked it on high for about 4 hours and 20 minutes. It was plenty done. I served tomatoes, salsa, sautéed mushrooms, green onions, and avocado for toppings. We also had some yummy asparagus from Dads garden which went really well with the eggs. Everyone seemed to really like it. I think diced green chiles would be a good addition to the crockpot mixture. The Banana Crumb Muffins were really good. I have made them before. I added chocolate chips to half of them. So tasty and easy to make. The citrus fruit salad made WAY more than 6 servings. I think it needed a bit more orange juice but it was good. Maybe my pineapple and cantaloupe were bigger than the recipe envisioned. Mother also contributed watermelon which was really good.  Fun recipes to make and a nice change to have breakfast foods for linner. Sorry about my blurry picture.


2 comments:

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Looks so yummy. Looking forward to trying this one!!!

Audrey said...

We're trying this menu out tonight. Thanks for the review!