Saturday, May 23, 2015

Jacki's Menu 51 Review

We just finished enjoying a tasty Menu 51 meal. The Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches were very good. A couple of folks in our group are not spicy food fans so I only added half of the hot sauce. It was still spicy but not bad. I used Louisiana Hot Sauce because that is what I had. I would like to try the Frank's because it gets really good reviews.  I followed the recipe as directed and had buns or homemade bread slices to serve the chicken salad on as well as lettuce, tomato, Swiss cheese slices, and avocado for toppings. I used canned chicken breast so it was super easy to make the filling. Some of the reviews I read said they used Blue Cheese dressing instead of Ranch and really liked it. 
The Mom's Potato Salad was very good. I cut the recipe in half because it made so much and used dill pickles instead of sweet. I ended up adding a little more mayo than called for. I cooked the potatoes whole in the microwave then cooled them in the fridge before peeling and dicing. Once that was done the recipe came together quickly. My Mom brought some delicious watermelon to add to the meal. 
The Cheesecake Chess Squares were good but nothing amazing. Very easy to make. We had some chocolate ice cream to make it more exciting.




2 comments:

Connie Burrows said...

It was indeed tasty.

Audrey said...

Glad you enjoyed the chicken salad sandwiches & the potato salad :)