Friday, March 5, 2010

Audrey's Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos, along with beans and rice



I have to say that this has been one of my favorite recipes so far. I followed the recipe, but did as Leslee suggested and cooked it in my slow cooker. It sure smelled good cooking all day long! When it was cooked, I use two forks and pulled the meat apart and then stirred it into the sauce and cooked it a bit longer. The meat was very tender and tasty.
I thought that there were a lot of ingredients for the beans and rice. I didn't know what pink beans were, so I used pinto beans. I found the recipe to be very tasty and colorful. I really liked it and good thing as I was the only one that would eat the leftovers :) Doug, Brock and I all tried the recipes and Doug said that they were okay, Brock liked the meat and I liked both recipes. We did eat the meat in the tortilla like a taco, like Sean did. I would definitely cook both recipes again. Good job picking them out!


4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your whole meal looks very inviting and tasty. I really liked both of the recipes too. Thanks for the review. I would like to make the chipotle dish again and use pork in the slow cooker (I used chicken).

Leslee said...

I liked cooking it in the crockpot too and shredding. It looks very nice all plated up!

didi said...

Looks great. I bet we could just add BBQ sauce to that pork and make sandwiches. I think that we can use the rice and beans and make the stuffed peppers!!!!

Heidi said...

Looks very good. I might try the pork via crockpot method next week.