Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Chicken & Sausage Sandwich

Woah! We both thought this dish was absolutely delicious!  The balsamic vinegar gave the chicken and sausage just the right amount of tang and the red peppers and onions were the perfect topper.  I sauteed the onions and peppers for longer than she said because I didn’t want the peppers to be crispy.  The onions ended up slightly carmelized and combined with the sweetness of the red peppers it was oh, so, yummy.   I used a hot beef sausage which added a slight bite.  The buns were hoagie sandwich type buns and I broiled them for a minute to crisp them up.  I think a crispier roll such as a toasted French roll would be good too or a sourdough roll.  The whole sandwich had a really good flavor and we both enjoyed it combined with a fruit salad.  For those of you who have not tried this recipe yet I encourage you to do so!

Jacki's Pics 058

Jacki's Pics 059

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Very nice! I was thinking that it seemed the buns should be toasted. Glad to hear that both of you liked it.

Audrey said...

Your meal looks really good. I will have to try it since Spring Break is over. The fruit salad looks good also.