Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tonight we tried out the chicken sausage sandwiches and they turned out great.  After discussing with Sean we decided to make a few changes to the recipe.  Instead of cutting the chicken and sausage into chunks we decided to grill them whole on the bbq and then slice them up.  It seemd a little better for a sandwich to do it that way.  The sausage we used was a sweet turkey sausage, I thought it would be good with the red peppers and onions.  While they were cooking I sauteed the onions and red peppers in the electric skillet.  I planned on putting a little balsmic vinegar in too but I forgot.  Sean at this on a sub roll and it looked quite nice.  He really liked it and said that there isn't anything not to like with the chicken, sausage, and sandwich.  I ate it over rice since I didn't really feel like making a gluten free bread.  I liked it that way! I had planned to make corn on the cob with it but I forgot that too, must be the pregnancy brain!


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Yum, your sandwich looks very tasty. Thanks for the suggestions. I am hoping to make this meal and the previous weeks meal in the next couple of days. Sorry for getting behind!