Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Fried Rice and Galette

I made these two recipes this past week and they made excellent leftovers.  We both liked the fried rice and I especially liked that it called for more vegetables than I usually put in fried rice.  I used chicken instead of the steak and I added more mushrooms than called for.  Other than that I followed the recipe as written.   We both thought the Galette was ok but I think it would be easier to just make a pie.  I did use the blueberries/peaches combination but I think I like Audrey’s suggestion of using all berries. I served it with vanilla frozen yogurt.  This made for a tasty meal and dessert.

 Jacki's Pics 060Jacki's Pics 061

Jacki's Pics 065

2 comments:

Grandma NaDee said...

Oh-h-h-h-h I need to get back into the cooking mode. There are several items on here that I will try out. Where does the time go?

Leslee said...

Your fried rice looks good with those sugar peas. I guess from now on you can stick to your pies. You are very good about trying out the desserts, I need to catch up on some!